The summit serves as a leading platform to build collaboration between key stakeholders and aims to promote agriculture as a driver of food security, environmental sustainability and economic opportunity in Asia and the Pacific. It is Asia’s leading food security summit and will mobilise and connect high-level influencers – including NGO, UN and government representatives, sector experts and business leaders. The forum will include high-level panel discussions on nutrition developments, overcoming problems surrounding public-private partnerships and innovations in sustainable agriculture.
Expert speakers include:
- Vinod Thomas, Director General, Asian Development Bank
- Dr. Bas Bouman, Director of Global Rice Science Partnership, IRRI
- Katinka Weinberger, Head, UNESCAP’s, Centre for Alleviation of Poverty through Sustainable Agriculture
- Hiroyuki Konuma, Assistant Director General, FAO (Asia & Pacific)
- Dr. Regina Moench-Pfanner, Director, Gain (Singapore)
- Dr. Isiye Ndombi, Deputy Regional Directory, UNICEF (East Asia & Pacific)
- Jennifer Rosenzweig, Nutrition Consultant, WFP
- Dr. Deepika Nayar Chaudhery, Deputy Regional Director, The Micronutrient Initiative (Asia)
Plus thought leaders from KPMG, DuPont, Glanbia Nutrititionals, DSM Nutritional Products, Hexagon Nutrition, Monsanto, Nutriset, Syngenta, Piramal Healthcare, Sanku and Yara.
Register for the event at www.aidforumonline.org/registration. There are a limited number of complimentary tickets, for information about these please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To find out more about the event please visit www.aidforumonline.org.
|Tue Nov 26 – Wed Nov 27, 2013|
|Bangkok, Thailand (map)|